Thursday, March 29, 2012

Deleting ReportServer TempDB

Hi, I need to free up some space in my harddrive and was wondering what the effects of deleting the TempDB would be. I am not using this machine to host any important reports. (I am using it as a development machine). my question is what happens when i delete the tempdb will it break the system and will i have to reinstall reporting services to get my reports working again?

You should never delete the ReportServerTempDB - RS will no longer work afterwards.

The RS windows service should automatically cleanup entries in the ReportServerTempDB after they are expired (e.g. sessions expire after 10 minutes).

If the ReportServerTempDB allocates a lot of disk space, but the database is actually almost empty, you can try to compact / shrink the database (through SQL Server Management Studio) to reduce its footprint on the hard disk.

-- Robert

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment