Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Deleting Parameter From Preview Pain

Product: Reporting Services 2005

Visual Studio 2005

I've added parameters to my query in the Data Tab. Then removed one. The preview pane still shows the deleted parameter even though it does not exist in my query. I've tried opening the dataset settings and re-adding the parameter, saving, then deleting. This ghost parameter will not disappear from the Preview Pane. Is this a bug or am I not deleting it correctly.

Thanks,

Matt

To solve your preview pane pain, you need to remove the parameter from the Report Parameters collection.

Select Report from the toolbar and Report Parameters. When you add a query parameter a Report Parameter is automatically created for you, but the same is not true when your remove query parameters.

-chris

No comments:

Post a Comment