Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Deleting old unused database issue

I have an old DATABASE that is not more in use , so I want to drop that database.
But before that I want to check that is there any application running on it or not.
can any one suggest me how to do this?
thanksSimplest is execute sp_who2. That will tell you if there are any current connections. If you need something more bullet proof then you will need to audit connections over a time period. Or you could try a scream test if it is not critical - which presumably it is not since you are contemplating dropping it.|||Use sql profiler and let it dump the results to a table and query that

Most of my servers are dedicated to a single database though

Just make sure you have a current dump

Now a soapbox issue

I like to have sproc only access to my databases, and each sproc has sproc logging, so I know everything that's going on|||...Or you could try a scream test...One of my phrases has entered the public lexicon!|||There'll be scads of them soon I'm sure.|||The "scream test" is one of my best, but the "Boxers vs Briefs solution" is more colorful.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment