Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Deleting Old .BAK file Problem

Hello,
My Backup Maintenance Plan is scheduled to delete old
backup (.BAK) files but for some odd reason it cannot
delete two old files. When i go in to delete them manually
or check the security settings ,but give me an access
denied prompt. I am logged in as Administrator w/ full
rights, but only these files are giving me denied access.
Please help
Thanks in advance
ATHi,
Stop SQL Agent service and try deleting the file.
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"AT" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:dfa701c3f0a2$5230bd80$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> My Backup Maintenance Plan is scheduled to delete old
> backup (.BAK) files but for some odd reason it cannot
> delete two old files. When i go in to delete them manually
> or check the security settings ,but give me an access
> denied prompt. I am logged in as Administrator w/ full
> rights, but only these files are giving me denied access.
> Please help
> Thanks in advance
> AT|||thanks hari, are there any contingencies incase this does
net work?
thanks
AT
>--Original Message--
>Hi,
>Stop SQL Agent service and try deleting the file.
>Thanks
>Hari
>MCDBA
>"AT" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:dfa701c3f0a2$5230bd80$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
>> Hello,
>> My Backup Maintenance Plan is scheduled to delete old
>> backup (.BAK) files but for some odd reason it cannot
>> delete two old files. When i go in to delete them
manually
>> or check the security settings ,but give me an access
>> denied prompt. I am logged in as Administrator w/ full
>> rights, but only these files are giving me denied
access.
>> Please help
>> Thanks in advance
>> AT
>
>.
>|||Hi,
Incase if this fail, check any other process uses this file. Mostly it will
be some backup processes (tape / disk copy).
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"AT" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:eb1101c3f0a9$58c30160$a601280a@.phx.gbl...
> thanks hari, are there any contingencies incase this does
> net work?
> thanks
> AT
> >--Original Message--
> >Hi,
> >
> >Stop SQL Agent service and try deleting the file.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Hari
> >MCDBA
> >
> >"AT" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> >news:dfa701c3f0a2$5230bd80$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> My Backup Maintenance Plan is scheduled to delete old
> >> backup (.BAK) files but for some odd reason it cannot
> >> delete two old files. When i go in to delete them
> manually
> >> or check the security settings ,but give me an access
> >> denied prompt. I am logged in as Administrator w/ full
> >> rights, but only these files are giving me denied
> access.
> >> Please help
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance
> >>
> >> AT
> >
> >
> >.
> >|||Hey thanks Hari for the replies...
But I was able to resolve the problem by doing a simple
sys reboot..
thanks again for your help..
AT
>--Original Message--
>Hi,
>Incase if this fail, check any other process uses this
file. Mostly it will
>be some backup processes (tape / disk copy).
>Thanks
>Hari
>MCDBA
>"AT" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:eb1101c3f0a9$58c30160$a601280a@.phx.gbl...
>> thanks hari, are there any contingencies incase this
does
>> net work?
>> thanks
>> AT
>> >--Original Message--
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >Stop SQL Agent service and try deleting the file.
>> >
>> >Thanks
>> >Hari
>> >MCDBA
>> >
>> >"AT" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >news:dfa701c3f0a2$5230bd80$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
>> >> Hello,
>> >>
>> >> My Backup Maintenance Plan is scheduled to delete old
>> >> backup (.BAK) files but for some odd reason it cannot
>> >> delete two old files. When i go in to delete them
>> manually
>> >> or check the security settings ,but give me an access
>> >> denied prompt. I am logged in as Administrator w/
full
>> >> rights, but only these files are giving me denied
>> access.
>> >> Please help
>> >>
>> >> Thanks in advance
>> >>
>> >> AT
>> >
>> >
>> >.
>> >
>
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment