Tuesday, March 27, 2012

deleting publications

Hi,
I created a few push subscriptions in continuous mode for testing
merge replication. I stopped the synchronization before I tried to
delete the publication. I got an error stating, can't delete because
the publication is being used for replication. I can't delete the
subscriptions on the subscriber as well. The tables associated with
the publications also can't be deleted. I don't want to use the Wizard
to delete all the publications.
Does anyone know how I can delete the publications?
Thanks!
PS.
PS,
try using sp_dropmergesubscription for each subscription, followed by
sp_dropmergepublication. Please report back the exact error message if there
is one.
When we can get the publication deleted: to ultimately drop the table you
can use a stored procedure to do this called sp_MSunmarkreplinfo which takes
a tablename as a parameter. Alternatively, running sp_removedbreplication
can be used to remove all traces of replication in the subscriber database,
but obviously must only be done if this database is not also configured as a
publisher.
HTH,
Paul Ibison
|||Hi,
I tried what you suggested and I got rid of the subscriptions and
publications.This is what I did:
I stopped synchronization, and deleted the publication entry under
Replication.
I then called sp_MSunmarkreplinfo to delete the table used for
replication.
On the subscriber however,
I had to delete the entries from 'sysmergearticles' and
'sysmergepublications' in order to delete the subscription entry under
'replication->subscriptions' and then call sp_MSunmarkreplinfo' to
delete the table.
Thanks for the help!
PS.
"Paul Ibison" <Paul.Ibison@.Pygmalion.Com> wrote in message news:<urzlrrQVEHA.584@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> PS,
> try using sp_dropmergesubscription for each subscription, followed by
> sp_dropmergepublication. Please report back the exact error message if there
> is one.
> When we can get the publication deleted: to ultimately drop the table you
> can use a stored procedure to do this called sp_MSunmarkreplinfo which takes
> a tablename as a parameter. Alternatively, running sp_removedbreplication
> can be used to remove all traces of replication in the subscriber database,
> but obviously must only be done if this database is not also configured as a
> publisher.
> HTH,
> Paul Ibison

No comments:

Post a Comment