Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Deleting Parameter Error

I have a report with 2 parameters, that are part of a hierarchy, that I want
to delete. I delete the query parameter via the designer and the query
mapping dialog and then the report parameters. When I build I get an error
saying the the query parameter I have deleted cannot find the the deleted
reporting parameter. In other situations this deletion seems to work - could
the hierarchy be a factor. This is SO frustrating. Can anyone point me in
the right direction or is it a bug. Regards, Chris.open up the file in XML and do a search on the deleted parameter name. that
will help you find where to look in the designer.
Basically there are three general places for parameters to live, in the
Report Parameters applet; Data Source -->parameters tab or Data Source Text
window depending on whether you are using a sproc or sql code; and in text
boxes in the layout, usually in the header section.
the easiest place to over look is the layout where sometimes parameters are
sometimes displayed or used as filters.
"Fresno Bob" wrote:
> I have a report with 2 parameters, that are part of a hierarchy, that I want
> to delete. I delete the query parameter via the designer and the query
> mapping dialog and then the report parameters. When I build I get an error
> saying the the query parameter I have deleted cannot find the the deleted
> reporting parameter. In other situations this deletion seems to work - could
> the hierarchy be a factor. This is SO frustrating. Can anyone point me in
> the right direction or is it a bug. Regards, Chris.
>
>|||I wouldn't know what to do with the report in XML format. I have looked in
there an I can see the parameter cropping as a query parameter in an
unrelated report parameter.
"Carl Henthorn" <CarlHenthorn@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4EFB8F4F-0670-4898-B557-F1AB625CE083@.microsoft.com...
> open up the file in XML and do a search on the deleted parameter name.
> that
> will help you find where to look in the designer.
> Basically there are three general places for parameters to live, in the
> Report Parameters applet; Data Source -->parameters tab or Data Source
> Text
> window depending on whether you are using a sproc or sql code; and in text
> boxes in the layout, usually in the header section.
> the easiest place to over look is the layout where sometimes parameters
> are
> sometimes displayed or used as filters.
> "Fresno Bob" wrote:
>> I have a report with 2 parameters, that are part of a hierarchy, that I
>> want
>> to delete. I delete the query parameter via the designer and the query
>> mapping dialog and then the report parameters. When I build I get an
>> error
>> saying the the query parameter I have deleted cannot find the the deleted
>> reporting parameter. In other situations this deletion seems to work -
>> could
>> the hierarchy be a factor. This is SO frustrating. Can anyone point me in
>> the right direction or is it a bug. Regards, Chris.
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment